27 March 2008

Guest Post over at Janssen's

Today I have a guest post over at Janssen's blog. It's about how Janssen met her husband since I was actively involved in that story. And it's a funny story, not so much because I wrote it, but because I wrote it, and Janssen inserted her comments throughout. Mosey on over and have a look.

And, here are a few pictures of the Topless Girls (please read my post at Janssen's for an explanation of the name) just for old times' sake:


This was after our semi-annual Y-Hike. As you can see, we are all very strong and powerful after our climb to the top. That night (or thereabouts) was Priscilla's birthday, so we ate cupcakes at the top to celebrate. Also, from left to right: Sherry (me), Janssen, Heather, and Priscilla.

One time we got together and dyed our hair. It didn't make much of a change for Heather or Priscilla (Soapy and Skilla as I affectionately call them). My hair looked rather dreadful, and Janssen's looked quite nice in the end. We had a great time nonetheless.


And this is us at Mimi's Cafe. It's one of our favorite places to eat.

All this looking at pictures and commentating makes me wax nostalgic. It really is unfortunate that the four of us are spread out across the globe now (one in Utah, one in The Great State, one in Canada on a mission, and me way the heck out here in New Zealand). But, we anticipate many good times gathering together watching the same movies over and over, playing Nerts and Settlers and gorging ourselves on sweets. That's what we do.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

I miss you all (or, for your sake, y'all). We should be friends forever :)

Packrat said...

I read your story on Janssen's blog. I had to laugh, because that sort of thing (liking someone and then that person falls for your roommate or best friend) has happened to most of us. In the end, isn't it nice that things work out the way they're supposed to?

I have a few questions, please (or is it thank you?:))? What do you do with your degree in Family History/Genealogy? Do you teach? Do you work at the Family History Center? Do you research? Do you work on software? I don't mean to pry, and I won't bug you for help. I'm just intrigued.

I've taken a few classes offered through the LDS church and our local genealogy society, but I guess I didn't "tumble" that there was an actual BA or BS program. Just for fun, guess I'll go to BYU's website and check out the class requirements.