I used a pattern for a polar bear hat, and it whipped together really easily. I was using a different yarn than she used, so I had to modify the pattern a bit, but I made sure it matched up size-wise with the sock monkey hat that I made for Felix two years ago. Now I can focus all my crafting attention to my Halloween projects. I'm sure there will be post-Halloween pictures to come.
14 October 2014
Remember how I said I was busy crafting while watching General Conference? This past weekend I finished one of the projects that I started during Conference. It's an adorable brown bear hat for my friend's new baby. (If you follow me on Instagram, then sorry that you are seeing it again, but these are definitely better pictures.)
09 October 2014
This year around Valentine's Day I visited a friend who had some adorable crochet heart bunting hanging in her home. I thought, "I could do that!" I went home and found a pattern and did it. I subsequently found patterns and made a shamrock garland for St. Patrick's Day (which is kind of a big deal to me) and an Easter egg garland for Easter.
After reading Happier At Home by Gretchen Rubin, I decided to beef up my Halloween decorations by featuring photos of our family at Halloween. I made a few pumpkins before I found the best pumpkin pattern. I worked on this during General Conference (along with a few other crochet crafts that I may or may not post about.) Eventually I'll get around to making some more pumpkins to intersperse with additional pictures. But I'm quite happy with it as-is.
06 October 2014
Felix is 2! He is such a fun and sweet little boy. Things he loves:
- Cars, trucks, airplanes, any vehicles
- Animals, especially dinosaurs or anything else that might roar
- Mimicking his older brother
- Picking flowers
- Brushing his teeth
- Emptying cabinets
- Singing - Favorite songs include "The Wheels on the Bus," "Popcorn Popping," "ABC's," and "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
Things I love about him and want to remember when he is not little anymore:
- He's really tiny. Currently mostly wearing clothes sized 12-18 months, but many things that are 9-12 months. And his pants won't stay up.
- His adorable facial expressions when he is excited about something.
- How much he loves to be tickled.
- How excited he gets when I pick him up from the babysitter's house.
- How excited he gets when somebody comes to the door.
- How terrified he was at first of Ike's nebulizer and the garbage truck. (Both fears are waning now.)
- How much he loves to sing. And the fact that he's been able to sing recognizable tunes (without words usually) for over 4 months.