A few things about Felix at age 2.5:
- He is adorable.
- He's really blonde.
- He narrates everything all day long.
- He tries to participate in adult conversations, and it's very funny.
- He loves to take baths, have lotion put on his face, comb his hair, brush his teeth, get dressed, and choose his own clothes.
- He's potty trained.
A few of his favorite things:
- Playing outside.
- Playing with his big brother.
- Laughing hysterically at his own toilet humor.
- Green beans.
- Salad dressing.
- Reading books, especially The Bravest Knight by Mercer Mayer.
- Trucks and cars.
- Helping with emptying the dishwasher.
- Doing his own laundry.
- Being held or carried.
Felix is a pretty easy-going kid. He's two, so he has tantrums, but he's pretty easily persuaded to calm down. He repeats after us quite a bit, and though he's a good talker, he still has funny things that he says. He likes to sing, and he often has conversations with himself: "I need to go potty. Okay, let's go potty. Okay, take off your pants. Good job."
He loves to go places as a whole family and is very concerned about making sure everyone is included. Felix regularly tells me and Eric, "No go work today, Mom [or Dad]." He doesn't understand that there is a baby coming to our family soon, and usually when I talk about it he says, "I have a baby button too."
As a rule, Felix takes a while to warm up to people he doesn't know, or even people he does know but hasn't seen in a while. New environments can make him nervous, and he's likely to hang around me waiting to feel comfortable before diving in to join the fun. I'm happy to have him around me because he is so sweet.