06 November 2007

Les Miserables

Last night I watched the 1978-version of Les Miserables with Eric and Andrew. I had not seen this version before, and Eric insisted that we get it from Netflix. (Have I mentioned how I LOOOOOVE Netflix? Oh, I have? That's because I do!)

Andrew had never seen any version, and he was reluctant to watch it with us, but we made him. He thought it was excellent. I was pleased with him. What a cute little brother he is!

I, however, have seen another movie version. Also I have read a super, extra, really condensed version of the book. I have the same complaint I always have.

Marius is lame. What's the deal with this I've-seen-Cosette-and-now-I-will-die-if-I-can't-have-her? PUH-LEASE. It just doesn't work that way. I've always been bothered by how infatuated those two are with each other when neither really knows the other one. It's very bothersome to me. And that's why I think Marius is lame.

But everything else is great. Maybe one day I will read the book and I will understand Marius. Trust me, one day I will read the book.


No comments: