12 November 2007

Ancestral Traits

I never knew my paternal grandmother. She died when I was six, and the only time I ever met her I was a baby. With that said, though, I do know a few things about my paternal grandmother, and I think I'm at least a little bit like her.

There were couple of games she really enjoyed. I believe they were bridge and tennis. Then she taught the games to my grandpa, and he consistently beat her. My grandma no longer enjoyed playing those games.

I shan't elaborate, but I will say that I despise losing over and over and over again.

2 comments:

Bart said...

That's why I don't like Nertz (Nerts?), and Janssen doesn't like chess.

Sherman said...

When mom beat dad at tennis, he would say, 'Never did like the ____ game anyway.' He tried to teach her to play golf, That did not work. He was good at golf. He was just too impatient to be a good teacher.