28 March 2010

New apartment

We found a place to live! Hooray! It's very close to my work, which is awesome. The people who lived there before us were allowed to paint, and they did a great job, so it will be nice to live in a place that isn't just plain white walls. Sadly, there is no dishwasher. But most places we looked at didn't have dishwashers, and some of the places that did have dishwashers were smelly and gross. You win some, you lose some, I guess. When I checked it out by myself on Friday, I took a few pictures to show Eric. And now I will show them to you.

This is the dining room, which the current tenants use as an office. We will be using it as a dining room-meets-office, I think.


This is the bedroom. It's really bright, and the closets are decent. The paint is also a nice color, although I don't know if that comes out really well in this photo.

And the kitchen. It's a little small, but it's really tidy. (There is more to it than what you can see from this angle.)
I didn't photograph the living room for some reason. But it's the same color as the bedroom, and it has similar windows and is really bright and nice.

We are excited to live downtown, and I am excited to be able to walk to work.

6 comments:

Janssen said...

Looks lovely! How exciting.

Jenn said...

Hooray for being able to walk to work! The place looks really nice, too. How exciting to live downtown!

Unknown said...

You really are at a fun phase in your marriage... did you get it furnished?

Packrat said...

Being able to walk to work is wonderful! I like the colors. Don't you just get sick of plain white or beige everything? Glad, too, that the kitchen has more to it. May this be a place to call home for a while.

Carrie said...

and we are excited you'll only be like 10 minutes away. The place looks great!

S Lindsay said...

Very pretty. I love white counters...