03 July 2010

Wishful thinking, indeed

In March I wrote a post about all the things I hoped I would have time to do when I was no longer spending two hours per day commuting. My list included:
  • Cook most days.
  • Be in charge of grocery shopping again. (Eric has done a great job in the interim.)
  • Read even more. (This one might be wishful thinking since I already do a fair amount of reading with my carpool buddy.)
  • Practice Spanish.
  • Keep my apartment astoundingly clean.
  • Exercise.
  • Blog more regularly. (I hate it when a week goes by without a post. My unofficial goal is three per week.)
  • More time with Eric to actually do stuff other than stare at screens together.
Perhaps some of you are wanting an update:
  • I do not cook most days. Sigh. I do cook more than I was before. Part of the problem is that I still find myself starving when I get home. The last week has been better, though.
  • My reading has practically dropped off the face of the earth. I'm not really sure how that happened. I need to pick it up again. I have been listening to more audio books, which might have something to do with my not actually reading as much lately.
  • I haven't practiced a lick of Spanish besides the shuttle ride from our hotel to our cruise ship in which we were seated next to some Brazilians. Eric spoke to them in Portuguese, and I spoke to them in Spanish. Everyone could understand everyone, and I'm ready to go to Brazil now.
  • My apartment is not astoundingly clean, but I have been making a concerted effort to keep it fairly tidy. This is a big deal for me because I am not a naturally tidy person.
  • Eric and I joined a gym. I have yet to go to the gym. This needs to be remedied. The gym has a very low monthly fee, which I think is part of the reason I don't feel a lot of guilt for not going. Eric and I have been going on a lot of walks, though, and that's nice.
  • I maybe am blogging slightly more than before.
  • Eric and I have definitely had more time together. We spend it going on walks and staring at screens together. We clearly need to get some other hobbies. At least we have time together, though, and that has been really nice.

No comments: