06 November 2008

Guy Fawkes Day

Yesterday was Guy Fawkes Day. That means big bonfires and fireworks. We went out to a family's house for their big bonfire in their yard. It was lots of fun, despite the chilly, chilly weather. (Spring has taken off for Spring Break, apparently).


See, there's the big bonfire behind us.


There are lots of these really big hedges all around New Zealand. They are really cool, and at this particular house you can CLIMB ON TOP OF THE HEDGE! It's awesome, and it took a lot of work.


Here we are on top of hedge. The ocean is just behind us. Everyone say hello to the South Pacific.

4 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I'm not sure I'd call that large smoking pile a bonfire, per se, but whatever.

Nem posted a year or two back about Guy Fawkes day. I was laughing my head off.

Jillian said...

Love that holiday! In Scotland they call in Bonfire day. So sweet. I wish we had that here in America!

Sherry said...

Well, STM, you're right. It doesn't look like much of a bonfire. At that point it was about four feet high, but before we got there it was about ten feet high.

Inkpot said...

I wish I was back in New Zealand. Sigh. Visited this time last year and left a large part of me there. Want to go back and get it. The party looked fun.