20 August 2008

Review: Shrimp Scampi

It's another shrimp recipe! As you may recall, we loved our bag of shrimp so much, that we bought another, and I decided it would be worth our while to make a yummy shrimp dish of it.

I picked this shrimp scampi recipe because it met my usual requirements: I had all the ingredients and it sounded yummy. The basics:
  1. The recipe was very easy to follow. They are simple instructions, and there's not a lot to do, so this is a fast meal.
  2. This dish was fine. A little salty and a little too strong on the garlic.
  3. We might make this again. Overall, the flavor was nice, but it was a bit too strong. However, it was a really, really fast meal. I think it came together in about 20 minutes, and that was awesome.
In the future I would cut way back on the broth. I think you only need about 3/4 cup of chicken broth. I'd also cut down on the garlic. Hopefully the next time I make this tomatoes will be in season, because I think diced tomatoes would have been a perfect topping for this nice dish.

1 comment:

Stephen C said...

I found it refreshing to have a "review" of the recipe you tried. I almost never follow a recipe literally, but I do, like you, enjoy constructing a dish from what is in the larder. If you're of a mind to do so, check out my cooking blog: theobsessivechef.blogspot.com.

Best regards,
Stephen