08 August 2008

Problems Solved-ish

Mucho lots of thanks to Kayla and Erin! I still don't think the colors quite suit me, but at least they look decent. Right? Don't they look decent?
As far as my bullet point concerns, I have the solutions. As Kayla mentioned, I just needed to upload a photo for my header and fix it in the settings as she instructed on my previous post. Easy enough.

Now, with the problem of my words being right up against my margins. For that, there was a solution! Erin mentioned playing around with the coding and putting in numbers and just kind of figuring out how things changed when I put in different numbers. I tried that, and I tried, and I tried, but I just couldn't figure out where to change things. Long story short, the necessary code is:
margin-left: 2px;
margin-right: 2px;
Just put that in anywhere that it talks about the header or the body of the text. Truthfully, I put it in LOADS of places so now none of my words press right up against the edges of the boxes they are in. And now I can sleep better knowing that. If you want bigger margins, just put in bigger pixel sizes.

The color scheme. Eh, I'll keep playing with it. Actually, changing the boxes behind the text is one of the easier parts of the process.

The problem with the date line not going straight into the post.... Eh. I just can't be bothered to figure that out. If anyone knows, please let me know. It's really not as frustrating to me as those other things I whined about.

I'm really glad I learned how to do this. HTML really is basic stuff, and I've felt for quite some time that I need to get a grasp on some of the essential things. While I'm certain that I will never need to code anything in my lifetime, it is nice to at least have some basic design ideas. And I like that my blog design is not shared by any other bloggers. Probably.

2 comments:

Erin Gong said...

Hooray! Looks good. I really like the way blue and pink boxes really bring out the colors of the sky in the pictures. I didn't even notice those colors in the picture before. Although, I have to say, I'm not sure about the yellow-ish striped background. With 2 colors for boxes already, it seems somewhat distracting. What about replacing the background with a dark, chocolate brown color - like the color that is currently framing your header? A rich, dark color could really set off the other box colors. It would also tie in with the color of the rocks and post titles.

As an aside, after my comments yesterday, I decided that it was time that I really figure out html by building my own webpage. 4 frustrated hours later, I am still basically at square one. Luckily I have no school or employment to bother with at the moment.

Janssen said...

I agree with Erin about the striped background - not my favorite.