18 January 2009

Just when you thought we were done with 2008

Swiped this little meme from Janssen. Feel free to swipe it from me. (Just be sure to link back to the person you got it from, which is me).

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?

I moved out of the country to New Zealand.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make New Year's resolutions, so yes! I'm awesome!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
About four gazillion of my college friends had babies, especially in May. More importantly, I got a nephew in December. And a couple of very good friends from New Zealand also had babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
The mother of one of my best high school friends passed away.

5. What countries did you visit?
New Zealand, Australia, Tahiti

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A job that I really, really love.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 21. Because we did that day twice, and it was the day of the surprise.

8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year?
Learning to knit and crochet and making things for other people with my newly learned skills. Also teaching early-morning seminary.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my job and not finding a replacement.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
There was the ovarian cyst rupture explosion in January. That was lousy.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A car for $800.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
William's, when he said my name first!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Both appalled and depressed? Maybe Rob Blagojevich.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Grad school tuition. And ridiculous cost of living in New Zealand.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Coming home early as a surprise.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
In the Bleak Midwinter, because Eric taught it to me this year, and then we picked it as the family musical number at Grandma and Grandpa L.'s for Christmas Eve. (Excellent Christmas carol that you've never heard!)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) sadder
b) fatter (ack! Where did that 10 pounds come from?)
c) substantially poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Mindless computer activities.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, with Librivox.org.

21. What was your favorite TV program?
Still the only show I watch - The Office.

22. What was the best book you read?
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Being able to play a few hymns.

24. What did you want and get?
Awesome pictures from New Zealand.

25. What did you want and not get?
A new job.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Sting. I know it wasn't made in 2008, but I just saw it this year. Awesome.

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24, and just like my 23rd birthday, I drove in the car. All day.

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not losing my job or else finding a replacement very quickly. Also, having insulation in my apartment.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Layers. Because it was freezing.

30. What kept you sane?
G-Chat.

4 comments:

Bart said...

What about Eric?

Ana said...

Come on - you not only learnt to knit you learnt to CABLE knit - I think that counts for extra points! Actually it gives me an idea of something to send to you.....

Ana said...

Actually I bet you're REALLY gutted that you've missed out on our so hot you can't move Summer :P

Sherry said...

@Bart- Sadly, Eric does not believe in blogging. Plus, this is MY blog. ALL MINE! Mwahahahaha!

@Ana- Yes, I did learn to cable knit, and now when i see things that are cable knit, I can say, "I know how to do that! And, I am rather bummed I missed the summer. I'm sure I would think it is quite lovely as I adore hot weather. After all, it's Dunedin, so it can't be too bad. (I grew up in 40+ during the summers).