21 August 2007

Ketchup

It's been far too long since I've given a really substantial post. So here it goes, in bullet-form:
  • I graduated. Officially. I am no longer a student at BYU.
  • I am no longer an intern. Instead, I'm a full-time, salaried employee of World Vital Records. And I have benefits. But mostly, I have a real job! I real, bonafide job. Did I mention the stock options? Those come in a year.
  • My brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their two kids (ages: 3 years and 7 months) came into town for three weeks. Yes, THREE weeks. You are probably wondering what cute things the kids did. Well, first of all, the baby never spit up on me. This is a big deal because that baby spits up more frequently than I check my email. And yet, she never managed to get her spit-up on me. She gets a gold star. The three-year-old boy, Caleb, is the most talky three-year-old boy I've ever met. (Yes, John, he tops Dave in talkiness!) Here are a few funny Caleb stories:
    • Caleb could never remember my name. I would say, "Caleb, what's my name?" And we would reply, "What's your name?" If you said, "Who is Sherry?" he could usually point me out, but not always.
    • One day on the way to the pool, he told EVERY stranger he saw, "We're goin' swimmin'! It's gonna be FUN!"
    • Whenever we returned to the house where he was staying, he would exclaim, "You came back!" Likewise, when he would return to the house, he would proclaim, "Look everybody, I came back!" One time, Eric and I "came back," and I wanted to get Caleb's attention. After repeating his name a few times, he finally noticed me, and I said, "Caleb! You're still here!" He then said, "You came back!" Then he ran to Eric and said, "Ewic, you came back! And your girl is here too! Your friend came with you!"
    • One day he wanted a "brown pocksickle" which was actually a Nestle Crunch ice cream bar. His repeated requests finally morphed into "I need a brown pocksickle, okay?" Clearly reflecting his parents' use of the term "okay" to soften the blow when they break bad news to him like, "Caleb, it's bedtime in five minutes, okay?"
  • We had the family reunion in Park City. It was mucho-lots-o-fun. (Except for the non-diplomatic game of Diplomacy which consumed approximately 40% of my husband's time and 99% of his thoughts.) We played lots of games, slept in, stayed up late, went swimming, smashed a pinata, went down the Alpine Slide and ate lots of good food. It was a fun time, as always.
  • Math and Michelle moved. Now we have no married friends left. We need to get some so they can be sad when we move away.
  • After the reunion we went to the outlet malls in Park City. I bought three polos (each for $6 or $7) from Old Navy; an Argyle sweater from Van Heusen; and a lavender, long-sleeved button-up shirt plus a FANTASTIC button-up, 100% cotton black dress with white polka-dots. Truly, it was a fantastic find and a fantastic purchase. The only bad part was when I found a great sweater to wear over the lavender button-up, and Eric said, "I'll give you $23 NOT to buy that sweater." ($23 was the price of the sweater). That's what Eric says when he doesn't want me to buy something.
  • Today I got a package in the mail from my dad. Those are always fun. He always includes coupons and other things like jokes, anecdotes, memories or genealogy knowledge (especially since I've been working on his mom's side). Plus, he included at least 10 comments to my blogs. Which thoroughly and utterly amused me- not just because they were comments to my blog posts, but because they were hand-written and snail-mailed to me. Very dad-like. :)
  • Also, we're moving this week. Into Eric's parents' house.
The end.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Good times; good post.

Anonymous said...

for awhile there, I thought your last post should have been entitled, "No more books, no more school, no more blogging because I'm too cool..."