19 July 2007

New Books!

Monday was a good day. Not so much the part about it being Monday and the weekend being gone, but the part where the BYU Bookstore started a tent sale outside, and I was lucky enough to walk by and see that it was occurring.

I love the tent sales. Even when the merchandise is not exclusively books. I usually don’t know tent sales are going on because I never walk near the Wilkinson Center, where the tent sales inevitably occur. But, fortune was on my side on Monday, so I was near the Wilk and saw the glorious tent sale. The tent sale of books. Of books that I can read because I don’t have to do homework any more.

And there were good books, too. Not just books that nobody wants (although there was plenty of that too).

I spent $30. I got five books. That’s an average of only $6 per book. Yes, I am that awesome. Well, the tent sale is that awesome, anyway.

Because I’m certain that you are dying to know, I bought The Aeneid, by Virgil for $5, Emma by Jane Austen for $4, Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose for $8, The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins for $3, and Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine for $7.

There were many, many more books I wanted to buy. But I practiced financial restraint and opted out of those. Now I just need to get reading!

No comments: