01 January 2015

2014 - In Review

For a few years now I've done a set form of copy and paste questions to summarize my year (2013, 2012, 2011). Like RA, I've decided many of the questions are redundant or just plain dumb, so I'm tweaking it this year. (Also, I've usually posted on the last day of the year being summarized, but I'm a little late for that.)

Places where I slept at least one night:
  • Utah (includes camping!)
  • Wyoming
  • Colorado (includes camping!)
  • Texas
  • Arkansas (includes camping!)
  • Missouri
  • Pennsylvania
Outdoorsy things we did:
  • Canoed on five rivers: Provo River, Jordan River, Buffalo National River, Snake River, and the Colorado River.
  • Camped in three different states (see above).
  • Hiked in five states: Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Arkansas.
  • Visited four national parks: Mesa Verde, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Arches.
My birthday:
  • Turned 30.
  • Went skydiving.
Generally noteworthy things:
  • Became a Certified Genealogist.
  • Learned more about my mystery ancestor, Isadore Gasser. (DNA is awesome!)
  • Continued to regularly make our family's bread. (Except the last month of the year. Not sure what happened there.)
  • Played church basketball for the first time since I was a teenager. I'm terrible, but it's tons of fun.
  • So much good food made by pilfering my neighbor's garden.
  • Won airfare for two to Hawaii.
  • I own a pair of Chacos. I love them.
  • We bought a nicer camera.
  • Lots of trips to Thanksgiving Point, and lots of picnics in the Gardens.
  • Lots of crafting: Roman shade, crochet snowflake ornaments for my mom, various holiday buntings, baby bear hat, knight hoods for Halloween costumes, mug cozy for a co-worker.
  • Potty-trained Ike and are currently training Felix, but at the moment I'm not sure if this is going to last.
Goals for 2015:
  • Go to Hawaii with Eric.
  • Earn more money than Eric. (This sounds like we're having a competition, but it's really just for me to measure myself. I have some good changes and opportunities coming up with my work, and I want to capitalize on them.) (And it also speaks to how poorly Utah teachers are paid, but that's another post for another day.)

No comments: