15 December 2014

An Eventful 30 Days

On November 7 I became a Certified Genealogist. It's a big deal in the genealogy world. I started my portfolio last October, worked on it, fretted over it, dealt with insomnia because of it, and finally submitted it in May. The results took longer than I expected, and I was certain that it had been sent to a fourth judge who would decide my fate when I got an email with the great news on November 7.

Within the next couple of weeks things got shored up at work for me to be promoted (sort of), and I made my first renewal sale with a client (which meant a commission). Some of these things were supposed to happen back in May, so I've been waiting a while for them. So that was awesome.

Then I turned 30 and went skydiving.

On December 6, my older boy turned 4, and I attended my annual company holiday party. It's always a fun party, but this year was especially so since I won two airfare tickets to Hawaii. For real. We had been planning to go since Eric has an aunt and uncle there for a few more years, so we have a free place to stay. The biggest expense is the airfare, but our tenth anniversary is coming up at the end of April, so we were planning to celebrate in a great way. There were lots of other awesome prizes at the party, and there always are. We get tickets based on our length of time with the company. This year I put all six in the Hawaii airfare drawing, and I'm very glad I did.

Now I have all winter and spring to daydream about our trip.

2 comments:

Feisty Harriet said...

So many awesome things in one post! YAY for the certification, WOOOOOT on the skydiving, and UNSPEAKABLE DELIGHT on winning the Hawaii tickets!!

xox

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Yay for you! What a cool thing. Or cool thingS! All good.