02 January 2014

2013 Book Stats

Just a few stats on my 2013 books, as posted yesterday. I read a total of 38, which means my top 10% would be 3.8 books. I planned on rounding up, but when I actually tried to make my list, I couldn't decide on a fourth book. Nothing really stood out to me as up to the caliber as the first three. My top 10%:
  1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  2. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
  3. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Won't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
A few other stats:
  • 13 of 38 were non-fiction.That's about one third.(Last year almost two thirds were non-fiction.)
  • 21 were audiobooks. Hooray for a smart phone.
  • 3 of the books were for a book group I joined this year.
  • My total number of books increased by 11 this year.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Smart phones are the BEST because of audiobooks. And. . .other things like Instagram.

trishtator said...

Sherry, you win this year :). I don't think I broke double digits. (I spent my reading time oil painting this last year - I think I have more finished paintings than books read).

I did read Tina Fey's Bossypants on a flight (at your recommendation) and it was awesome. Quite good.

Cheers!
Trish