06 December 2012

Felix: Two Months

It's hard to believe I've been a mom to this little guy for two whole months. Felix is entering a stage where he's beginning to be more interactive, and we love it. Mornings are usually the best time to get smiles from him. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does happen we are thrilled. One of my co-workers says that if she can get him to stop furrowing his brow, then she counts that as a smile.
He loves to sit upright and be held upright. His head control is getting better, so he can go for longer stints in his Bumbo chair. 

He spits up a lot. It doesn't seem to be as bad as Ike, but he definitely has reflux. I'm not going to cut out the dairy this time because I tried that with Ike and it was not worth the starvation. I've just resigned myself to cleaning up lots of spit-up.

This little guy is so cuddly. He loves to be held, and I love to hold him. I just recently got a Baby K'Tan, and I cannot say enough good things about it. We both love it. Felix also loves to be swaddled. Even if it isn't time to sleep I often swaddle him because it calms him down. He also loves his swing and finds it very soothing.

I don't have much bragging to do as far as Felix's sleep. He's a good napper. He's had a couple of six-hour stretches of sleep at night, but for the most part he nurses about every four hours. I would expect to be more tired than I am.

Felix looks a lot like Ike, but a lot of people say that he looks a little more like me than Ike did. I tend to agree.

We're excited for this boy to become more interactive in the next few weeks. I'm hoping as he becomes more interactive that his older brother will start noticing him a bit more.

1 comment:

Packrat said...

Such a serious little face! That scowl is just too cute. :)