05 December 2012

Black Friday Boots

Black Friday was almost two weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.

I am not normally (or ever) a Black Friday shopper. I had been looking for some brown boots, and I recruited a friend to help me find some that were in my budget. On Thanksgiving night she texted me a photo of an ad for a shoe store about 20 minutes from my house. I told her that she was crazy and I would not be going to said store, which opened at 5:30 a.m.. As the evening wore on, I started to consider the idea more and more. I set my alarm for some absurd hour the next morning.

4:45 rolled around, and I promptly turned off my alarm and fell back asleep. A little after 5 I woke up again and got out of bed. I wanted to be one of the first 100 customers because then I'd (a) be sure to get the boots I wanted, which were in limited supply, and (b) get a gift card worth a minimum of $10 that could be used on that purchase.

I didn't get there early enough for a gift card, but I did get there early enough to get the last pair in my size. And I love them. 

They are normally $50, and I got them for $20. Totally worth the early morning.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good boots (at a decent price) are hard to find. Awesome!