- I'm 14 weeks along.
- This first trimester hasn't been as bad as the first trimester with Ike, besides the frequent and very bad migraines I experienced the first several weeks. The general exhaustion has been much lower, and the nausea has also been significantly lower. Huzzah.
- I alternate between being extremely thrilled and being extremely overwhelmed about having another baby.
- Unlike my pregnancy with Ike where people still could not tell I was pregnant when I was like 20 weeks along, my muscles and ligaments began giving up at about 9 weeks. Other people couldn't tell that early, but I could. (With Ike I didn't begin noticing until about 16 weeks - maybe even later.) (Only one person has pointed out my belly and asked if I'm pregnant. She is nearly five. If she noticed then grownups are noticing too but are being more polite.)
- If you had asked us any time before I was actually pregnant if we had good name ideas I would have told you that we probably had more baby names than we would have children, and we had all our favorites at the ready. We are less certain now. Bah.
- But I do have an arsenal of blog names this time around. This child will not have a temporary blog name like Ike did.
- I think it is a boy baby.
- If you ask Ike where the baby is, he will point at my body somewhere between my collar bone and my legs. In actuality, he has no idea what's happening. He'll be about 22 months when New Baby comes.
- Yes, I took Clomid again. I had some left over from last time, so I just treated myself on the same dose that worked with Ike. It worked the first time.
- I took one negative pregnancy test, two ambiguous ones, and finally one that showed I was clearly pregnant. It was so different than last time where I was certain I wasn't pregnant (because I had taken a test that said I had not ovulated. I found out much later those tests are notoriously inaccurate).
- Having done this once before, I have more set ideas about what I plan to do during the delivery. This time around I'm going to skip the painkiller fentanyl and go straight to the epidural. Also maybe I won't be induced, but if I am, that's okay. Also, I'm going to cut the cord this time, and maybe also the baby can be given to me immediately this time. Since my dad won't be having triple bypass surgery the day this kid is born I will also have a strict phones-off policy. I just want everyone to leave me alone. I'll call, text, and update Facebook once the baby gets here.
- We got to tell some of Eric's family in a very fun way:
Did I skip anything?