12 December 2007

The Spouse

I found this on somebody else's blog. And it looked like fun. It's about Spouse.

1. What is his name: Eric. The Eric. Man. Spouse. I call him all these things. Yes, I am a little odd.

2. How long have you been married: 2 1/2 years.

3. How long did you date: Our first date was 17 September, and we got married the following April. That's the simplest explanation.

4. How old is he: 26.

5. Who eats more: Definitely him. He's a boy. I'm a girl.

6. Who said I love you first? He did. I returned the sentiment about two weeks later.

7. Who is taller: Eric is.

8. Who sings better: Eric. Yummy low voice. Which brings me to something I've been meaning to blog about- why are all the male leads in musicals tenors? Basses are soooooo much sexier.

9. Who is smarter: He is much smarter than me, a much better writer, very well-read and well-rounded. But I am better at playing the School Game than he is.

10. Whose temper is worse: Definitely mine.

11. Who does the laundry: Mostly me. But he did it more recently than I did.

12. Who does the dishes: We both hate doing the dishes. It is listed as "least favorite chore" for both of us. We do them about evenly, I guess. He doesn't like the way I do them, but right now we live where there is a dishwasher, so it's rather a moot point.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: If you're standing at the foot of the bed, I am on the right.

14. Who pays the bills: Me. He doesn't even have his name on our checks! (That's just because he wasn't with me at the bank when I ordered new ones). And, I don't think he even knows how to log on to the bank's website, even though I've told him he needs to know in case I die and he has lots of bills to pay!

15. Who mows the lawn: We don't have one, but if we did, it would be Eric's job to mow it. Because I've mowed lawns about two times, and it was pretty much the worst job ever. And if he doesn't want to do it, we will pay somebody. And that's that.

16. Who cooks dinner: Mostly me. Eric is really helpful, though, and he's actually gotten to be a rather good instruction-follower since we got married. I've convinced him it's worth it to take time to cook because nice dinners are worth the short amount of time it takes to put them together. I have strong feelings about this.

17. Who drives when you are together: He does. But I have a better driving record.

18. Who is more stubborn: I have a near monopoly on stubbornness.

19. Who is the first to admit they are wrong: I'm never wrong. So he has to be the first to admit it he is wrong.

20. Whose parents do you see the most: Well, seeing as how we live with his parents, definitely we see them more.

21. Who has more friends: I think I do because my high school and college friends are different, but his are the same. Also, I can claim more of his friends as my own than he can of mine.

22. Who has more siblings: We both have four siblings.

23. Who wears the pants: Well, I always tell him, "Look! I'm in charge around here!" but I think things are actually about even.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

This is great. I want to do it, too!