05 February 2018

Felicia: Seven Months

She's still cute, and we still love her.

I stopped swaddling her in the last month, and voila! She started sleeping better. She is so much more adept with her hands that she can find her pacifier and stick it back in her mouth. Sometimes she still has a rough time falling asleep, but by and large we are getting through naps and nighttime so much better. I can't believe it's taken us this long.

Felicia loves her family and is less certain about strangers. The other day, I had just gotten Felicia up from a nap and fed her when Ike came home from school. She was so excited to see him and kept giggling at him as she tried to get closer to him. It made him so happy to see how much his baby sister loves him.

Felix, too, loves our baby. He frequently tells me she is the cutest baby in the entire world, and he loves to try to entertain her by dancing in front of her when she is getting fussy. One time this month he was singing a rock-and-roll version of a song about how cute she is. It was insanely obnoxious, but the sentiment was so sweet that we didn't ask him to stop.





She loves to sit up, especially when we are sitting up to the table to eat dinner. She previously didn't like potatoes, but we tried them again, and she liked them. So now I think applesauce is the only thing she doesn't really care for.

Maybe she'll start crawling in the next month. We'll see.

We love to pass her around at church and let other people hold her. It's a little hazardous during flu and cold season, but during sacrament meeting we don't have much choice because the toddler requires my full attention. And often in second and third hours I'm subbing in Primary, so Eric will happily pass her off to some other mama in Sunday School. Apparently the guys in Elders Quorum don't ask to hold her, though.

I don't have very many PJs in her current size, and I didn't want to buy more, so I just got the boys' out. Ditto for Trixie, who actually far prefers her "new" dino and train pajamas to any others.

I love my little girls.

1 comment:

Feisty Harriet said...

Awwww, so darling! I love these updates!

xox