Places in 2016:
- Idaho (camping on the way to other destinations)
- Wyoming, including Teton National Park
- Montana, including Glacier National Park
- Closer to home: Bryce Canyon National Park, Cedar Breaks National Monument, Snow Canyon State Park, Zion National Park
- camping in Goblin Valley State Park
- visit to Texas in February for my parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary
- visit to Texas in October so my family could finally meet Trixie and see our kids for the first time in a few years
Noteworthy things for 2016 (in no particular order):
- Eric started a graduate program related to his field of teaching, so he will get a raise when this is over!
- Trixie was released from her supplemental oxygen and nasal cannula in February. Then in July her cardiologist said we didn't need to see him for a year.
- Trixie got tubes in December after four ear infections in less than three months.
- Trixie said "mama" before "dada." Then her ear infections caused her to go basically mute. Then when her words came back "mama" was first on the list.
- I survived two weeks of Eric being away at summer camp.
- My dad survived his heart stopping for an extended period of time (about 10 minutes). (A perfect stranger performed CPR until the paramedics arrived, zapped him with the paddles a few times, then hustled him to a hospital. He was unconscious for about 18 hours and then needed a few weeks of treatment, but his survival was quite miraculous.)
- I taught Ike to read.
- I read a few chapter books to both boys: Little House in the Big Woods, Charlotte's Web, and Matilda
- Ike started Kindergarten.
- Ike learned to ride a two-wheeler with only the assistance of neighborhood children, no adults!
- Felix started preschool.
- I coached Ike in soccer.
- I had a very successful year in work and came really close to beating Eric in the gross earnings race.
- I got pregnant and am having baby #4 in June 2017.
- Eric finished the basement.
- We continued going to Cold Stone for buy-one-get one.
- I turned 32 and went to a nice dinner with Eric's parents and then to Luminaria. I bought myself new dishes, which was really my combined birthday/Christmas present. Also I went to work the day of my birthday because it aligned with a day they were having Moochies brought in.
- Felix had a party with friends, and it was a blast. I really should hire Eric out.
- We had a surprise birthday party for Ike's sixth birthday.
A Reflection On 2016 Goals:
- I kept Trixie healthy during cold and flu and RSV season in 2016. I was very concerned about her because of her heart defect, but all was well!
- I did not resume bread-making for our family. I don't even think I did it more than once or twice. But I was pretty good about meal planning and cooking.
- I read all the books for book group!
- I did not get around to hosting a meal at the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Primary Children's Hospital, and I feel immense guilt about that.
- Physically, focus on getting steps in each day. That 10,000 step mark is pretty distant for me, especially when I can't go on walks outside. Even hitting half that is a pretty physical day for me. I just want to continue to be conscientious about moving my body and not being sedentary.
- Finish my Personal Progress. It's something my bishop encouraged us to do this year, and I have worked on it in fits and starts.
- Submit some writings for publication in genealogy literature.