8 states (Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming)
Canoeing in 5 rivers and 1 ocean bay
17 miles of bike riding on the Hiawatha Trail (which was, apparently, exhausting for everyone)
About 8 miles of hiking (mostly in the Redwoods)
20 cousins visited
3 successful attempts at hitch hiking (by Eric)
And the discovery that one boy cannot get enough of playing in the ocean (no matter how frigid), while the other one cannot get away fast enough.
And since I'm a little bothered by the lack of chronological order of this post, a brief summary of our actual trip:
- From Utah to California to see the Redwoods.
- Along the coast of Oregon to stay in Netarts with Eric's sister and her family for a few days.
- Additional canoeing and camping in Oregon, then off to northern Idaho (via Portland) to visit Eric's brother and family for a few days.
- From Northern Idaho to Missoula, Montana, to visit another of Eric's brothers and his family overnight.
- Down to Jackson Hole for a quick stay with my brother (and Ike got to stay an additional night).
- Home again, home again, jiggity jog.