06 August 2013

Felix - Ten Months

My tiny little guy (15 pounds 2 ounces at the weigh-in a few days ago) is a delight. He loves to stand as often as possible, and occasionally he takes a few steps while he clings tightly to whatever he has used to pull himself up.

Felix is smiley and content. He still loves to eat and loves to be held. When I finally go around to his nine-month checkup (on Friday) he didn't cry at all when the nurse pricked his toe, and he only cried a tiny bit when he got his shot. Ike's rambunctiousness has toughened him up, I think.

In the last month he's become really good at entertaining himself, which is glorious for me. He loves toys, and he loves to crawl around finding things to put in his mouth.

Tonight the four of us played a rousing game of "Duck, Duck, Goose," and Felix was pleased as punch every time Ike selected him as the goose. Actually, I don't think he knew what was going on, but he loved that I held him as I ran around chasing Ike in the living room. He loves to be a part of things, and I'm happy he's a part of our family.

No comments: